Period of Maximum...
Welcome to Deal Central for the Seattle Waterfront!
The Seattle waterfront is undergoing its most significant transformation in over a century. Waterfront businesses have banded together to invite the people of Seattle to experience the changes, improvements and rebirth for themselves. While everyone in Seattle adjusts to this new reality, the waterfront is open and the offers below are valid.
At some point, someone somewhere coined the term "Period of Maximum Constraint" in reference to traffic expected for three weeks from when the viaduct closes until the new tunnel opens. We are referring to this milestone in waterfront history, tongue in cheek, as the "Period of Maximum Fun" (January 11 to February 3, 2019).
For the Daily Brief, click here. To add your business offer to this list or make a correction to your offer below, please contact us. Please note that FREE Waterfront Shuttle runs daily - hours have been extended on North and South loops, more here.
Period of Maximum Kids:-)
- Miner's Landing at Pier 57 has served as a community meeting point on the Seattle waterfront for over 50 years. You would never know it unless you walk inside where you will find a full-size, real-life carnival carousel ride for the kiddos (and romantics). Located under the Great Wheel, you can't miss it. Ask the attendant about a free carousel ride with every paid one. Get ready for a blast from the past in a place unique on earth!
Period of Maximum Native Art:-)
- Ye Old Curiosity Shop at Pier 54 has been on the Seattle waterfront for over a century! FREE tote bag with every purchase. The memories created here over the years are enough to move some locals to tears. Half museum, half souvenir shop and half fudge shop, ye Old Curiosity Shop is also a great place to find Pacific NW native art. Ask for Neal at the shop - he will be happy to show you pieces that interest you!
Period of Maximum Cruising:-)
- Argosy Cruises at Pier 55 invites you to discover the Seattle waterfront in full metamorphosis with a 10% discount for harbor cruises (1 hour) and Ballard Locks tours (2.5 hours)! Grab oysters, clams or local brew at any of the nearly dozen surrounding restaurants. Check out Argosy's brand new visitors center on the Seattle waterfront!
Period of Maximum Otters:-)
- See sea otters and enjoy a free tea, water or soda at the Seattle Aquarium at Pier 59. Inquire inside when purchasing ticket. Check out the progress on construction of new Pier 62/63 for a planned public space next door. It's impressive - this is selfie heaven:-)
Period of Maximum Romance:-)
- Are you a love bird? You should know about the Edgewater Hotel at Pier 67 on the Seattle waterfront. Now part of the esteemed Noble House hospitality group, this Seattle landmark's reputation was made legendary by the Beatles. Here's the deal: 30% off Edgewater's "Local Love" Package. It includes complimentary valet parking and breakfast for two at the amazing Six Seven restaurant overlooking the water. Even rock stars love a deal and this is hands-down one of the most romantic deals in Seattle.
Period of Maximum Oysters:-)
- Let's face it... for many Seattleites, Elliott's Oyster House at Pier 56 is synonymous with oysters. This long established Seattle waterfront restaurant has been lavished with some of America's most coveted culinary kudos. Eat here during the Period of Maximum Fun and valet parking from 5 PM is on the house (ask your server when you are seated for dinner about valet voucher). Elliott's accepts reservations - call (206) 623-4340.
Period of Maximum Souvenirs:-)
- Simply Seattle at Pier 54: When you need Seattle swag and Seattle souvenirs from Nirvana to Supersonics, start your search here. Ask cashier about 15% discount on your items. Your family and friends will be thrilled with the gifts you choose here!
Period of Maximum Swag:-)
- Need that item that you can only get in Seattle? Seattle Seahawks, Legacy Hats, Spirit Wear shirts, Strideline socks or fun mugs. A stop at Seattle Shirt Company at Pier 55 and the Seattle Shop at Pier 56 is a must. Ask the cashier about the 10% tunnel discount on all regular items. You are going to make someone very happy with the fun gifts you find here!
Period of Maximum Flavor:-)
- Sip samples of American Single Malt Whiskey, gin, and vodka at Copperworks Distilling & Tasting Room and discover why this distillery was named "2018 Distillery of the Year" by the American Distilling Institute. Purchase a bottle of Copperworks spirits during the Period of Maximum Flavor and get a free crystal Glencairn tasting glass -- Copperworks will also waive the tasting fee with each bottle purchase! Get details at the bar. Located across the street from Pier 56.
Period of Maximum Chowder:-)
- Ivar's on Pier 54! Since 1938, Ivar's Restaurants has been serving the Seattle community. For Viadoom relief, Ivar's is pulling out all the stops! Here is the offer from Ivar's during Period of Maximum Chowder: A free cup of clam chowder - no purchase necessary; please show this offer. Limited to one cup per person per day. You only need to decide whether to order at the sidewalk Fish Bar or to head inside Acres of Clams with its jaw-dropping views, expansive seating, amazing renovated bar, great food and friendly people!
- Anthony's Pier 66 & Bell Street Diner. Ho ho ho! Pinch me, I must be dreaming. It's Christmas in January. Anthony's is also offering a free cup of chowder during the Period of Maximum Constraint (Jan 11 to Feb 4). To sweeten the deal they are throwing in FREE valet parking (or validated parking, as you prefer). Inquire with hostess or call (206) 448-6688. Any day at Anthony's is a good day!
Period of Maximum Savory Pies:-)
- Premier Meat Pies on Pier 54 is a recent addition to the waterfront, but it comes with many already converted fans across Seattle. This is where you go to re-discover the pleasure of meat pies you experienced in your childhood or travels. Are you a meat pie fan? Here is the deal: Free side or topper with any meat pie. Ask cashier at time of purchase. Bon appetit!
Period of Maximum Taters:-)
- Kidd Valley at Pier 54 is open for breakfast daily and also serves lunch and dinner. This popular local hamburger spot also specializes in WA-grown, hand cut fries. Here is the deal during Period of Maximum Taters: A free order of fries - no purchase necessary; please show this offer when ordering. Limited to one order per person per day. For Maximum flavor, don’t be afraid to order a milkshake to dip the fries in. It’s the best!
Period of Maximum Convenience:-)
- Seattle Marriott Waterfront across from Pier 66 and at the base of Pike Place Market is positioned for maximum convenience. Spending a few days in the city to avoid the commute? In town on business? Save 15% on rooms, food and parking when you stay here during Period of Maximum Fun. For details, please inquire at front desk. You can also email Philip.Fryer[at]marriott[.]com or contact us!